Impact Assessment Analysis
Our team of professional economists has completed more than 250 economic-job and fiscal impact assessment analyses for a broad array of client questions. Our impact assessment analyses have been used to assess the efficacy of granting economic development incentives for projects, to obtain development review approvals, measure the effectiveness of public sector programs on all levels of government, support the assessment of municipal impact fees, measure the economic-fiscal impact of industrial sectors and electric generating facilities in a state or regional economy, and to gain approval of specific projects and Regional Centers under the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services' EB-5 investor Pilot Program. Our work includes completed assignments throughout the eastern United States and as far west as the states of Iowa and Colorado. However, we are capable of working effectively in any county in the continental U.S., Alaska and Hawaii, and in all provinces in Canada.
Typical assignments include:
- Economic and fiscal impact assessment analysis for developments applying for economic development incentives.
- Economic and municipal fiscal impact assessment analyses of development projects for state-municipal development review.
- Economic (e.g. jobs) impact for government programs/activities.
- Economic and fiscal impact of industry sectors in a state or regional economy.
- Economic-job creation impact assessment studies for EB-5 Regional Center or EB-5 Project applications to the federal government.
Rails to the River
Economic & Policy Resources worked with an architectural firm out of Boston assist in the to redevelopment of two old Industrial sites in the Upper Connecticut River Valley area. Known as the "Rails to the River" project, EPR assisted in deciding what type of redevelopment would make the most business sense in the community for a tract of underutilized industrial space adjacent to the Town's Main Street-Downtown area.